Monday, August 18, 2014

Aussie Curves - Everyday Style

If you know me then you will know that I'm a pretty casual kinda gal.  I go out to movies, date nights at local restaurants and go shopping.  When I'm not out and about I'm at home playing video games and watching movies, but wherever I am, I like to dress comfortably. 

I'm probably not the only one who thinks 17 Sundays when I want comfortable clothes and I'm probably preaching to the already converted, those who are already converted, just keep reading anyway. 

This dress is the best piece that I own, I love it so much I considered buying another but sadly it's sold out in my size. It's the first thing I turn to when I want to go out somewhere these days that I have to do the washing more often just so I can wear it more than once a week. 





I'm not the only one that loves my dress either. On the way home Daniel said that this was his favourite dress for me too. It reminds him of a modern interpretation of the dresses Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite wears. The colours are what mostly remind him of her outfits, the gorgeous blues and whites and the full skirts. 



I love Elizabeth, she has such a kind soul, is completely gorgeous and probably the first AI (artificial intelligence) that is actually helpful and not in need of protection while playing the game. Naturally I was elated when he made the connection because this is my absolute FAVOURITE game. It kinda makes me want to get a full cosplay costume for the EB Games Expo in Sydney this October, but I have left the preparations way too late. Maybe I'll just wear this dress instead. The longer I think about it, the more I want to get this choker to wear with the dress too. 



Fit and Flare 3/4 Sleeve Dress - 17 Sundays via Birdsnest
Boots - Target
Belt - Another dress
Necklace - Lovisa






13 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful dress and you look amazing in it! I love it when the men in our lives say just the right thing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, those guys are just the best and I think mine is just the bees knees hehe

      Delete
  2. You are so darn cute! Rockin' that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dress and the styling is fab with the boots too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, I'm finally getting them out of the closet and wearing them and I bought them about 6 months ago.

      Delete
  4. I have this dress too and it is adorable! Love that necklace too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Babin'! This dress is awesome. (It is on my shopping list.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally cute! I definitely see the Elizabeth likeness. Also a little bit of a sassy French lady ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I'd already commented here, but, perhaps I didn't. I mean to say, loving the nautical theme and that is a great length skirt :)

    ReplyDelete